I haven’t posted a recipe for a while, so here is a delicious yet healthy recipe for chocolate brownies. They are extremely chocolatey, so if you prefer them to have less chocolate, then reduce the cocoa amount. Other than that they are heaven on earth, as well as gluten and dairy free, with low glycemic sugar.
50-70g cocoa (depending on how chocolatey you want them)
80g coconut oil
150g coconut sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
100g almond or sorghum flour
40g arrowroot powder
50g chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, stir together the cocoa and coconut oil until well combined.
3. Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla essence with a hand mixer and add the cocoa and oil, and keep mixing until it is a smooth texture.
4. Mix together the floor, arrowroot powder and stir it into the cocoa batter. Then add chopped walnuts.
5. Pour batter into your baking tin and let it bake for 10-12 minutes. The brownies should be soft on the inside. Take them out and let cool, then enjoy :)