I recently asked on facebook whether you guys would like more healthy gluten-free recipes, and you said YES. So here I give you the most delicious cookie recipe ever. I’ve never made any that taste these good, and they are super healthy too! No butter, healthy sugar and not a single gram gluten. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need:
50 g coconut oil
6 tbsp coconut sugar (honey is the next best thing)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg white
150 g almond flour (just blend some almonds)
50 g sorghum flour
3 tbsp water
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
100g chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Mix the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla essence with an electronic mixer.
3. Add the egg white and keep mixing until well combined.
4. Combine the flours, baking powder and soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the oil-sugar mixture, alternating it with the water.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
6. Place about a spoonful of batter for one cookie on a tray lined with baking paper. Make sure they are about 3 cm apart so they won’t stick. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 min. Store them in an air tight container once cooled.
Tell me how they taste once you’ve made them :)